How to...in just two steps
Prior to operating the Analyzer, the schedule must be prepared. That means following good scheduling practice: set the baseline, enter resources and rates, and set the status date. MS Project does the rest.
There is no need to extract the data yourself--the Analyzer does it for you. All you need to do is this:
Step 1: Run the Analyzer
- Open Schedule Performance Analyzer [yyyymmdd] [version].mpp.
- Open the schedule to be analyzed.
- Follow the Prompts: View --> Macros --> View Macro --> highlight Schedule Performance Analyzer [yyyymmdd] [version]!SchPerfAna --> press Run.
- Enter Parameter Settings (make sure you know the As Of Date--there is a strict edit on that field).
Step 2: Use the Results
- Review the Excel™ output file that is opened automatically.
- Interpret Results: for tips on how to interpret results, see the ProjectFlightDeck Practice Guide.