AgileESMİ metrics follow from Agile metrics. That proves the validity of AgileESMİ for Agile projects. Click here to see the full proof. An outline of the proof is included below. The variables are defined in the Glossary.
- Start with the Agile release date equation
- Substitute velocity-based duration terms for the performance term
- Replace the velocity-based duration terms with equivalent Earned Schedule duration terms
- Given that the Earned Duration for Earned Schedule (EDES) is equivalent to the classic definition of Earned Schedule, i.e.,
- substitute as follows
- Finally, factor in standard Earned Schedule definitions and apply some nifty algebraic manipuation to get the AgileESMİ release date equation
To test the theory, the Agile release date equation and the AgileESMİ release date equation were used on two projects. In both cases, the Agile and the AgileESMİ release date estimates were indistinguishable throughout the projects, empircially confirming the math.